July 27, 2009

Unhappy thoughts

I don't know why I did it. Parked at a cafe in Spences Bridge, BC, far far from a service statation, and forget about a shop with repair facilities. Sipping a soda in the 30+ heat i bent down and examined the rear tire. There was a sharp rock right in front of me, jammed into the tire. Should I pull it out? Will that cause a rush of air to escape, or will it save the tire from the rock being pushed in further? I decided to pull it out, figuring it was better to test my tire patching skills somewhere with soda facilities. It was deep, but there was no rush of air. I really enjoyed the last of that soda.

Unhappy thoughts
Michelin Pilot Road 2 on a BMW R1200R

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these tyres. Have had them on three bikes now;

- f650gs (with motard wheels; pilot road2 rear, pilot sport front)

- r1200r and k1200gt (road2 both ends)

they seem like the perfect blend of grip and longevity. awesome!

LumpyCam said...

I don't have experience with any other tires on the R1200R but the Pilot Roads have been great in all conditions, including snow and rain.